three people wearing lab coats in a lab.

Report an OHS Concern or Incident

In the event of an emergency, call 403.220.5333 for Campus Security or call 911 for police, fire, or ambulance.

Report a Hazard or Concern to Facilities

Always report hazards and concerns to your direct supervisor and/or to the appropriate department for correction.

Learn more

Submit an OARS Report

All work-related accidents, incidents, and occupational illnesses must be reported to your supervisor or manager and in the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS).

Learn more

Harassment and Violence

Harassment and violence are considered hazards under OHS regulations to ensure workers are not subjected to harassment and violence at the worksite. 

Learn more

Right to Refuse Dangerous Work

The general right of the employer to direct work is balanced by the requirement of employees to refuse unsafe work that presents an imminent danger to safety.

Learn more

Report an OHS Recommendation or Concern to the JWHSC

The Joint Worksite Health and Safety Committee (JWHSC) can assist with OHS matters that have not been adequately addressed at the operational level, or where multiple groups of employees are affected. 

Learn more